GET TO KNOW
Michael J. Butler has extensive experience in the areas of No-Fault, Auto Negligence, Premises Liability and General Negligence Litigation.
Mr. Butler serves as a case evaluator in Wayne and Genesee Counties, and the 36th District Court. He also serves as an Arbitrator and Mediator, and has completed the SCAO Mediator certification. In addition, Mr. Butler has had numerous articles published in Michigan Lawyers Weekly, the Detroit Legal News, and the Livonia Observer. He has been a featured speaker and panelist at many law-related events and seminars.
Mr. Butler is an officer on the Board of the Litigation Section of the State Bar of Michigan. He is Chairman of the Catholic Central Shamrock Bar Association. He also serves on the Board of the Catholic Lawyers Society of Detroit, the Judge Kaye Tertzag Tribute Dinner (Purple Sport Coat Award), and the Catholic Central Alumni Association. He is president of The Detroit Catholic School Heritage Project.
Mr. Butler is recipient of the Judge Richard Hathaway Distinguished Lawyer Award, the Paul W. Crowe Award, the Fr. John Blaska Award (twice), and many awards for his work at Livonia Ladywood High School.
Michael J. Butler Esq.
- Michigan, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals
- No Fault Law
- Auto Negligence
- Premises Liability
- General Negligence Litigation
- Mediation and Arbitration
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of Michigan, officer
- Catholic Central Shamrocks Bar Association, chairman
- Detroit Catholic Central HS
- Oakland University (B.A. Political Science)
- Wayne State University Law School